View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arsam

re: Autism Awareness And Acceptance

I am on a quest to raise awareness and acceptance about Autism.  I myself have High Functioning Autism and Aspergers.

With me being diagnosed with Autism, I may act differently.  I can be quite childish at times, and have communication breakdowns, need things explained better or differently, I don't understand jokes or sarcasm easily, and sometimes criticism can make me go into meltdown/shutdown mode.  I actually had an issue with my last guild, as they were unaware, and criticized me when I submitted a suggestion.  My brain is different than normal people.  But on the plus side, I am great with computer security.

I have made posts on Facebook about my Autism.  Please take a look at them.  I also have a playlist on YouTube as well.

Proud to be an Aspie - NB photo

Autistic Pride Day 2014 - OSK blog post

Autism playlist on YouTube

Please let me know what you think.  I like to hear feedback on this, and it also gives me a good feeling to know people are reading it and understanding.

Last edited by Arsam on Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
pr0f3550r
In-Game Guild Master

re: Autism Awareness And Acceptance

We try to keep the guild friendly to everyone. Thanks for all your input and zeal in the guild.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Is Power Leveling Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: